The Duke Department of Emergency Medicine is committed to training the next generation of emergency medicine specialists.
Our department will train emergency medicine residents and fellows to become leaders in the field of emergency medicine and to consistently offer excellent care to patients in the emergency department (ED).
Key goals of our education programs include:
- Train the next generation of emergency medicine physicians to provide timely, compassionate care to patients
- Provide an integrative learning experience for all trainees to ensure they can expertly treat the wide range of problems commonly seen in the ED
- Encourage residents to become experts in one area of emergency medicine
- Cultivate a sense of community between trainees and the Duke Emergency Medicine faculty
- Provide opportunities for trainees to respond to global emergencies and provide care in areas of limited resources